Thursday 21 July 2011

Atlantis is Back! Space Playlist

NASA Shuttle Atlantis has arrived back on Earth safely!! I have never really got excited about space before but I thought I better pay attention to the history being made before my eyes. I found myself getting more excited as the shuttle came closer to landing and then all of a sudden my nephew, brothers and sister were huddled around my brother's laptop clapping and cheering once they had landed.  It wasn't quite the moon landing but it was still modern history. Thanks NASA, the crew, technology and the internet for allowing us to witness something like this live.
Here are some pictures courtesy of NASA...

Historic Landing for Shuttle Atlantis- Amazing!!!


Aurora Australis From Space- Everyone always talks about the Northern Lights but what about the Southern Lights aka Aurora Australis.


'Hanging' Out in Space- I can't even imagine how this must of felt...


Over the Bahamas- I actually gasped when I saw this...


These pictures all came from NASA's website and there's a load more over there if you want to go and check them out.

These wonderful views made me wonder if the crew had music to listen to and what songs they would listen to out in space. My iPod would be the first thing in my suitcase if I was going into space. I wonder what their baggage allowance is? Anyway, here are five songs that would be on my Space playlist.

Harmonic 313- Dirtbox

Sonnymoon- Blast Off

Gorillaz- Phoner to Arizona

Nonameko- Full Moon


The Simonsound- Bad Love feat. Debbie Clare

Welcome home crew. Enjoy!

J Moles x

No comments:

Post a Comment