Monday 1 August 2011

Silver Apples iTunes Festival

Evening all, yesterday I went to the iTunes festival at the lovely Roundhouse and what a fun night it was! Silver Apples was not a group I ever thought I would get to see live considering they were around in the 60's so I definitely wasn't going to turn down the invitation.

On stage was just Simeon Coxe III with his homemade synthesizer 'The Simeon'. It was weird seeing an old man wearing a polo neck perform but his voice and the music didn't sound old, it still sounded fresh. I think that's why it was weird, matching what I was seeing with what I was hearing.

(ITV image)

The crowd were a little stiff, I think they just couldn't wait for Moby but they started moving a little more when Simeon played 'Oscillations' to close the set. It was a really good set and I'm glad I got to see the music recreated live. RIP Danny Taylor the drummer of the group who died in 2005 and Simeon Coxe III I salute you, for keeping the music going. What a legend!

'Oscillations'

Enjoy!
J Moles

No comments:

Post a Comment