Thursday 19 May 2011

Past, Present and Future


I'm also going to be doing something called past, present and future, posting music for all three sections. My first post of this involves 2 of my favourite artists. First up, representing the past is Bob Marley, the greatest reggae artist of all time (in my humble opinion) the more I hear his music, the more I like! And some of that stuff is 30years old!
The second artist is Bilal, I remember the first time I heard his first album, the time I saw him at Jazz Cafe (I think it was 2006?), eagerly waiting for his second album, throroughly enjoying his second album and watching him go from strength to strength since.

I have decided to let Bilal represent the present because of this cover version. The emotion he puts into the live video is amazing, nothing short of what I have come to expect from Bilal ever since I saw him live. This video also made me think of D'Angelo and what he could be doing if he was still on the scene.
Bilal also represents the future because I think he has something good to say and if people listen then the future can only be helped. Also it is a very cool and futuristic video.
Directed, shaped and cut by Mikael Colombu for Mikael Colombu Films. What a cool guy!

Enjoy! J Moles x

No comments:

Post a Comment