Sunday 22 May 2011

Stööki Launch Party

Greetings! I wanted to write yesterday but I was sooo tired. . The gallery tour didn't quite work out, I only made it to one haha but it was still cool I had a nice walk around London town. If you are about you should go and check out ''Eye of the Storm' by Hannah Westwood at Tenderpixel gallery.

After, I headed south of the river to Red Bull Studios where the launch of Stööki was taking place. Stööki is an independent brand based in Europe, crafting jewellery and t-shirts that combine two design elements into one. Presented with art installations that coincide with the theme of each piece.The Craftmakers are Luke, Nadia & Quincey and I had the pleasure of cutting Quincey's hair as part of the live show.They also had a tattooist and an artist doing body painting, pretty cool!!  I was pretty nervous so I thought I'd have a drink to calm me down, I had another as it seemed to be doing the trick. Then I got into the party mood so I had another, at this point I felt a little strange as the rum was chilling me out but I realised that it was Red Bull cola I was drinking. Durrrr! That had me feeling a little wired but I was feeling ready to do Q's hair and 'make my mark', the theme for the evening. Thankfully everything went well and it was a cool night. The collection, mostly hand made, looked really good too so go and place your orders as they are limited edition!

All in all, it was such a good way to end the week, I even got to hear one of my favourite Biggie tunes 'Going Back to Cali'.

J Moles x

No comments:

Post a Comment