Sunday 12 June 2011

Catch-up Sunday

Yet another rainy Sunday... Oh well! I'm going to round off electronic week with a load of fine artists. First up is Eleven Tigers with Stableface from last year's excellent Clouds Are Mountains.


Good news is that Eleven Tigers will be releasing more material later this year, an album called 111. Keep an ear out for it!


Another artist featuring is Cornelia. I saw her at the same gig as The Simonsound and this was more proof that electronic music can definitely work live. This song was amazing!


I only recently found out about Holy Other whose going to be at the Shacklewell Arms this Tuesday (get tickets here). This song is so chilled and hypnotizing. It's got a cool official video too...


...and someone has edited Gasper Noe's Enter the Void to compliment 'Your Love'.


You can't talk about electronic music without talking about Mount Kimbie. Crooks & Lovers was one of the best albums from last year. Thanks to my TDTuesday family for putting me on to this. Here are two of my favourites.

Carbonated

  
Field
Hi-Soul (part of the TDTuesday family) also put me on to this guy, Teebs. Bound Ball sounds best when the sun is out but for now I'll just close my eyes and pretend.


This song reminded me of 310's Study in Scarlet from 'Recessional' another great album!


I saw Mi Ami a few months ago and it wasn't what I expected but it was still an excellent night! The group are making electronic music now that their bassist has left and this is my favourite from their Dolphins EP.

  
Hope you have enjoyed electronic week and to round it off, here is The Knife with You Make Me Like Charity. Classic!!!!


J Moles x

No comments:

Post a Comment