Wednesday 8 June 2011

The Simonsound

Continuing with electronic week, I'd like to introduce Simon James and Matt Ford aka The Simonsound. Their debut album 'Reverse Engineering' was released a year ago but I only found it a few months back, so it's one of my favourites for this year!! The guys describe it as "’50s and ’60s-inspired space music, mood music for film and TV, haunting vocal tracks and switched-on cover versions of ’70s funk classics realised on the Moog synthesiser". It's available to listen to and purchase directly from their bandcamp.


The Simonsound will be at Spitalfields Festival later this month and are playing at Soundwave in Croatia in July. If you are about either of these events definitely then check them out, I saw them live and it was one of the most fun shows I have ever been to!! Enjoy!

J Moles x

No comments:

Post a Comment